Embroidery Stabilizing for Machine Embroidering
Here are some tips to get good results with your embroidery designs sewing.
1. When it's possible, run your outline stitching first, this will help stabilize your fabric even further!
2. I prefer layering solvy while stitching out a design to add dimension. Sometimes the "film" solvy can get a bit heavy using this technique, causing stiffness and can be difficult to remove. We've found a great "web" type that gets the job done with less stiffness and is super easy to remove! The film type soluble is still best for the base layer & I use it for every design I stitch on any fabric that water will not harm.
3. We've all heard the "stabilize, stabilize, ..." To the point that I'm now seeing a lot of you over stabilizing! This creates as many problems as you're trying to eliminate and wasting money. Don't over stabilize, use 1 or 2 layers of the correct stabilizer. Ask us about our commercial backings to get the best possible results for all your embroidery needs!
4. I always start with a commercial fusible backing in the appropriate weight for the fabric or garment I'm stitching on. We have 3 weights of fusibles in both permanent-for dense designs-and tear away. Two of them come in a generous 48" width.
5. If your skin is sensitive, we suggest using our soft tear away backing under a fusible layer for any garments that will lay next to the skin. The soft tear away is - also rated by the US government - for use in children's sleep wear and is formaldehyde free!
6. If you enjoy creating wearable art that's quilted, stippled or uses the trapunto technique, we have a great "fill" backing that won't make your garment look like a down jacket and is dense enough not to pull apart when it's laundered!
Sandy Carter is the author of embroidery articles at embroidery designs by Thread Artist. She has an article about embroidery software for digitizing and lettering fonts at embroidery software. There is free embroidery digitizing Tutorial at this web address - embroidery by Thread Artists Designs
Do You Really Know What You're Buying?
Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a popular gift show in my local area. My purpose in attending this gift show was to scope out my competition and the quality of their soy candles compared to what I offer.
A Few Tips About Comic Book Backing Boards
Comic Book Backing Boards come in different thicknesses and acid-free properties. The basic purpose for using a backing board is to give the comic some stiffness, which helps keep the comic pages from bending, creasing or wrinkling.
Molding Leather Armor
In order to mould leather armor, soak it in water until it becomes pliable and soft. Then place it in the mould until it dries and hardens.
Embroidery Designs and Thread Colors for Machine Embroidery Sewing
I wish that I had a nickel for each time I've been asked for the "exact" colors I used in aan embroidery design or for a conversion chart for specific embroidery thread brands - I would be a very wealthy woman!Everyone seems to think that someone is going to knock on their door with a search warrant if they don't use the exact colors a designer used in the test sew out or the color numbers used in the stitch directions.Not so - if you don't "think outside the box" and use colors that you enjoy, or just prefer, you are really missing the real fun of machine embroidery! Come to think of it, I don't believe that I've ever used the exact color on any design I've ever stitched in 6+ years-some because I didn't have the exact color & others due to a dislike of the colors used.
Create A Gift Basket For A Dog Lover!
The choice of what gift to give your family and friends can often be a difficult one. One of the best gifts that you can give is a gift basket.
Craft Crocheting from Your Home
Crocheting is not only a craft but an art. Once you master the basic stitches you will be well on your way to creating masterpieces you will be pride to share with your family and friends.
Money Making Hobbies - Which Ones?
Which ones can be money making hobbies? A friend made a life-sized cow out of plywood once. He painted it, put it in the yard, and people started asing if he would sell it.
Baby Boomers Need Creative Practical Hobbies
"Well how are you really enjoying your retirement?" I asked out of interest, "it was great to start with" he said, but lately, I've just become kind of lost..
Make Your Own Professional Gift Baskets
Ever given your family or friends a beautiful gift basket? Gift baskets are such a wonderful gift and can be given for any occasion. However, if you are like me you don't have a clue where to start, let alone how to put one together?.
Mini Rc Cars
Did your heart ever palpitate for fast driving? Did you ever imagine your hands controlling an extremely speedy car? I f so, then you should definitely experience the gravity and true charm of mini RC cars.Mini RC cars have climbed up to the top position in the chartbusters of favorite pastimes or hobbies.
Saltwater Coral Reef Aquariums - 5 Tips for Success
Do you dream of watching the natural beauty of the undersea reef life while sitting in your living room?Whether your goal is a nano reef tank or a 150 gallon aquarium with an ecosystem of coral and saltwater fish, the following five tips will lead you on your way to success.1) Commit! Decide you are going to spend the $$ it takes to make a proper go of it.
Working With Leather
This can be as simple & basic Or advanced & professional.There are many books, booklets, pamphlets, reprints, even articles describing how to assemble a simple article cut from a basic design which is purchased as a kit from a supplier.
Easy Steps to Scrapbooking with Young Kids
Kids grow up so fast and if you don't try to capture some of these wonderful memories through some means, they'll all slip through the fingers just in a snap. And scrapbooking is a fabulous way to preserving those memories, by combining the photos and journaling of your kids.
Starting Your Own Scrapbook Club
Before I discovered the world of scrapbooking, I was inexplicably drawn to my local office supply store. I loved to stand in an aisle surrounded by the different colors of copy paper.
Aromatherapy Candles - How to Select the Right Scent
Feel sad, tired, or a little bit stressed? Something as simple as an aromatherapy candle could help you relax and feel happier. But not all scented candles have this effect.
Scrapbook Photos -- Getting Adventurous With Your Layouts
When you have selected the photos for your scrapbook, you'll need to decide how best to lay them out on the pages. Don't feel obliged to follow any principles that don't suit your own design.
Scrapbooking Those Memories!
You will find scrapbook supplies for photos and pictures in a craft store or online. Scrapbooks are used to combine photos and pictures to make a picture story album.
Scrapbook Photographs -- How A Picture Can Be Worth A Thousand Words
For many people, photos are at the heart of their scrapbooks -- and for a very good reason. We all treasure photgraphs of friends and loved ones, and many of us carry some with us wherever we go in a wallet or locket or keep photos on our desk at work.
Getting Rid of Messes and Mistakes in Your Scrapbooks
No matter how careful you are, you will undoubtedly find a mistake, mark, or mess on your finished scrapbook page. This is just part of the process of making a scrapbook.
Patterning and Spacing in Your Scrapbooks
How can you arrange your scrapbook page to best show off your mementos and embellishments? You can place everything in the center of your page, place a single focus item in the center, or divide the page into sections adding items to each section. You may also choose to lay the items out in a standard recipe or calendar layout.
|home | site map © 2013|