How to Make Your Own Soap Favors for Weddings and Baby Showers
Want to make soap as a gift for your party guests? Here are some simple tips for making soap gifts and favors:
1. There are literally hundreds of different ingredients that can be used for soap making. Basically, you will need the following - soap chips or soap base, essential or fragrance oil for scent, and colorants. You will also need a soap mold and a pot to melt the soap in.
2. The easiest way to make soap is to take an already made bar of soap and melt it down. The bar will already have all the ingredients you need in it. You can then pour the soap into a mold of your choice or shape it as desired. Or you can use a cookie cutter or knife to shape it while it is still warm.
3. If you are using raw ingredients, simply pour and mix them in the mold of your choice.
4. Heating - Make sure to heat the soap slowly to prevent combustion or degradation of smell. 130°F - 155°F is a good general range, although there are slight variations depending on what ingredients you use. Try not to leave the soap unattended for long periods of time while heating.
5. Scent - You won't need too much fragrance oil to scent your soap because scented oil is generally highly concentrated and strong. 0.5-1oz of oil is sufficient to scent a whole pound of soap. The amount you use will depend on the strength of the oil, which varies based on the scent. Mix the oil in with the soap while heating.
6. Coloring - Once again, you will probably not need to much coloring agent. Add a few drops at a time and watch the color change.
7. Mold selection - You can select molds that are themed to your occasion or just use a standard bar mold. For weddings, angels, hearts, and wedding cakes are popular shapes. For baby showers, baby carriages, bottles, and Disney characters are some common themes. The soap can also be carved. If you use a standard bar mold, you can still add personalized themed tags.
8. Finishing touches - After your soap is made, seal it inside a cellophane bag, organza bag, or gift box. Add a favor charms, personalized tag, and message and you have a nice favor for your guest.
Generally, you will want soaps that are 1oz - 3oz in size. These gifts will be used by your guests and are a simple, but effective way to say thank you.
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. See Baby Shower Soap Favors for more soap favor ideas and Make Your Own Baby Shower Favors for other related baby shower supplies.
Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits and resource box remain in tact and the hyperlinks are active.
Be Your Own Way, but Still Use the Safe Tools
It is so often that people are not aware with the tools they use when doing their home improvement. Sometimes they use wrong tools just because they want something quick to be done.
You Are A Diamond So Scrapbook About Yourself
As a devoted scrapper, you probably gain satisfaction from scrapbooking about others.Oftentimes, you are the one glaring missing light in your scrapbook albums.
Are Your Airbrush Products Selling? If So, Here Are 3 Ways To Further Skyrocket Sales!
One of the biggest challenges faced by airbrush artists are proof of what you say is true! The potential customer is going to find it hard to believe you. Whether it is, if you can do the work, whether they think you are charging them too much, or it is simply that you are artistic, potential customers are going to find it hard to trust you.
Jar Lid and Jar Candle Decoration
Supplies Needed:Most items can be found around the house or in a craft store.Jar Candle with lid - with removable plastic bottomCraft GluePaintScissorsDecorating Candle Jars and Lids is a fun and easy project for all ages.
Kids Crafts: Balloons, Bubbles & Balls #1
Craft: Colored Bubbles Activities: Flyswatter Bubbles, Cotton Ball Pickup, Balloon Water Fun Snack: Chewy Popcorn Balls Reading Selection: The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du BoisCRAFT: Colored BubblesNeed: dishwashing detergent food coloring or washable paint a straw paper shallow panDirections: Mix about 1/2 dishwashing detergent, and 1/3 of water in a shallow pan(cold or hot)mix any kind of food coloring until you get the ideal color you want. If you use paint, make sure it is washable.
Photograph Mosaics and Markers in Your Scrapbooks
An attractive technique for placing photographs into scrapbooks is the photograph mosaic. Mosaics stretch photographs into an artistic rendition of the original photograph.
Leather Work Tips
For leather work, consider the basics: an awl and spare point, a retractable X-acto knife and spare blades, a retractable knife with a break-off blade and a rotary punch. In addition, you'll need needles, a lump of beeswax and some waxed linen thread.
Sewing A Button On By Hand
I have so many people come into my shop saying something like - I can't even sew on a button. How sad it is that a whole generation has lost out on learning how to do just the basic skills of sewing.
Embroidery Thread Tips for Better Machine Embroidery Sewing
I have some tips for you to get better results with using your embroidery threads in machine embroidery sewing.1.
Genealogy / Family History
One huge advantage of knowing about family history is that sometimes it can help you to trace and pinpoint occurrences of illness.My father and two of my brothers had all died of heart attacks at a fairly young age.
Woodworking - Creative, Relaxing and Timeless
The title reflects Woodworking as a hobby, not as a vocation. Vocational woodworking is pretty much the opposite of the adjectives in the title because of the intense pressure to produce quickly in order to make it pay the bills.
Scrapbooking on a Budget
Memories are priceless, but the cost of preserving them can be high. Here are nine tips for making the most of your scrapbooking budget.
How To Create A Collage Journal
Creating a collage journal is a unique and fun way to personalize and enrich your journal. Making a collage journal is something that everyone can enjoy.
A Look at Patriotic Lapel Pins
Perhaps the most popular type of lapel pin is the patriotic pin. Dating back to the Civil War in the United States, lapel pins that declare a person's patriotism are popular, highly collectible and trade-worthy! From the Civil War through WWI, patriotic lapel pins were medallions hung from ribbons pinned on a lapel.
Wholesale Scrapbooking: Should You Start A Direct Sales Scrapbooking Business Just The Discount?
Have you ever thought about signing on with a scrapbooking direct sales company, just to get the discount on your own supplies? It can be a great way to get your own product at a discount and meet other scrapbookers, but it's also important to read the fine print. Here are seven of the most important factors to consider:1.
Collecting Depression Glass - Where to Start
Okay, so you've been bitten by the Depression Glass bug, and those pretty patterns and pastel colors beckon you from the shelves of an antique dealer's shop, a friend's home, or maybe you've even discovered this special glassware on the Internet. How ever it's come about that you've developed a yen for Depression Glass, you need to know where and how to start collecting it - unless you're made of money, have oodles of time on your hands, and don't care whether you get the real thing or not.
Invitation Envelopes - Make or Break Your Party
What will separate your party from all the other events of the season? Of all the planning that goes into your special occasion, there is no excuse to forget about specialty envelopes. Your invitation is the first impression that you and your party will have.
A Brief History Of Reverse Painting On Glass
Reverse painting on glass has been a form of art expression since extremely ancient times. It is difficult to precisely date a number of much more ancient artworks.
Why Chainmaille Jewelry Craft
Jewelry is very prevalent, but jewelry that directly compliments your personal style or makes your statement for you perfectly is not prevalent. Find out some ways this is so with chainmaille jewelry.
My 12-year-old daughter was mad at me when I refused to pay $25 for a school yearbook last year. Who are they trying to kid?In an attempt to appease my daughter, I suggested buying a little notebook that her friends could write messages in for her.
|home | site map © 2013|