How to Make Personalized Candle Gifts From Ordinary Candles
If you are looking for a fun gift to make for any occasion, then personalized candle making may be something you would like to consider. There are many ways to make personalized candles, depending on how much time and money you are willing to spend. With just a little extra time and effort, you can make a personalized candle out of an otherwise ordinary candle gift that the lucky recipient will love.
1. The simplest way to make a personalized candle is get a normal candle at your local candle store. Even general retail stores like Walmart sometimes have candles for sale. Candles come in all shapes and sizes, but almost any candle can be personalized.
2. Anything smaller than a tea light will be difficult to personalize. For tea light candles, you can normally purchase a big bag for a low price. These candles are great as favors for guests at a wedding or baby shower. The easiest way to personalize is to use either a graphics program on your computer or a word processor. We'll stick with the Word processor since it is easier. First, draw a circle the same dimensions as the lid on the tea light, or better yet use a circular label sheet. Then select a nice font, like cursive script or Corsiva. You can enter then names and date of the event into the circle. Print out a sample on plain paper to make sure the look and size is right. Once you have the desired result, you can print your tea light label stickers. Finally, apply the sticker onto the top of the tea light.
3. For jar candles, you can create a square-shaped personalized label. Since you have more area to work with, you can download free graphics from the Internet. Search the web for "free clip art" and download the images you want. Once again print out a sample on plain paper and then print the label. If you don't have a color printer, you can go to a local copier and they can make a nice label for you. Stick the label on the jar. Now you have created a unique gift personalized just for that special person.
4. For tall pillar candles, you can get those engraved at an engraving shop (look in the phone book under engravers). The artwork and text can come in different colors. If you are artistic, you can even buy candle-engraving kits online and do it yourself.
5. How about those 1oz votive candles? For a professional looking gift, get cellophane bags and colored ribbon. Wrap the candle in the cello bag and tie it up with the ribbon. Then attach a personalized tag to the ribbon. These candles can also be engraved.
6. If you can make candles, then there are limitless possibilities. You can use different fragrances oils to create scented candles. You can use embeds for decoration. Cookie cutters and molds are also useful for designing the right shape.
In summary, you can take an ordinary store candle and make it a very special gift with just a little more effort. Your friends and loved ones will cherish these gifts for years to come.
About the Author - Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For more personalized gift ideas, go to Personalized Baby Shower Favors, see Baby Shower Candle Favors (mybabyshowerfavors.com/candles.htm).
Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.
Sewing Embroidery Designs in New Ways
How many of you are always looking for new ways to use your embroidery designs - always, or never? If never, you are overlooking wonderful opportunities! Do you optimize the use of every design? Do you routinely review your library of designs to see if you can combine motifs from one set with another? Have you noticed how embroidery design styles have changed over the past few years? Give those old motifs a new look by using the designs that you got way back when, again! Add new motifs under, or around, them to create a whole new look! My last big project, a wind jacket back, is a good example of what anyone can do with a little time and imagination!With fall already upon us, I wanted something tropical in my wardrobe as it's still every where in ready-to-wear & home dec. The colors are just as exciting as leaves turning colors.
Fun with Origami!
Storing origamiThis is a great question. Many people want to hold on to their special crafts for years to come.
A Look at Cloisonné Lapel Pins
Cloisonné lapel pins are the most traditional, if not the most collectible of the lapel pin types. Most of the older lapel pins are either die-cast metal or cloisonné.
Antiques From Europe...Is It Really The Goose That Layed the Golden Egg?
Many dealers and auctioneers have been bringing container loads of antiques from Europe for years now. The lure of getting "fresh to the market" antique furniture and "smalls" is something that can bring renewed excitement back into your antique business.
Comic Book Supplies, Necessities of the Serious Collector
If you want to keep your comic book collection in tiptop shape, comic book supplies will become part of your collecting life. As soon as a magazine is printed there are natural environmental forces going to work to try and destroy the ink and the paper.
The Theme and Title of Your New Scrapbook
The theme of your scrapbook can be simple or complex. Your theme could be a special event such as a birthday, a baby shower, a wedding, Christmas, or Halloween.
Jewelry Making: Measuring for Bracelets Without a Tape
Your cousin's friend in Saskatchewan has asked you to design a custom bracelet for her. You have all the beads, materials, and tools, but you're stumped about the length.
Robotic Vacuum Cleaners: Perfect for Cleaning Pool Tables
A friend of mine bought a robotic vaccum cleaner as a gag. It's actually pretty fun to watch it semi randomly roaming around the room.
How to Clean Your Jewelry at Home or Work
It looks like a million dollars but after a couple of months it doesn't have the same 'Sparkle' or look it once had (a bit like me really).So what are we to do?The first thing is to make sure it is SAFE to be cleaned!Naturally, delicate items should be best left to a professional Jeweler to clean.
Step-By-Step Guide For Creating Collages and Other Unique Picture Frames
So you want to make a collage or perhaps you are interested in creating a unique shadow box to hold your valuable photographs and memorabilia. No problem! Whether you want to create lasting memories using cheap picture frames, discount picture frames or even wholesale picture frames, here are some pointers for creating lasting memories right the first time every time.
Scrapbooking Ideas for Kids
Many times at auctions, or estate sales, a box of books will turn up a real treasure, like a scrapbook that was kept by someone in their youth and sometimes through their adulthood. The book could be 50 or 60 years old, and a source of great fun to look at the pictures, news clippings, and personal mementoes.
Make A Stunning Dried Hydrangea Wreath
Dried hydrangea wreaths are so beautiful and versatile in a home, and a lot of fun to make as well.You can either purchase already dried hydrangea flowers from your local craft store, or you can dry your own.
Starting outOrigami is an art of paper folding, therefore all you should need is a piece of paper and you can start folding away without any problems, right? Well, almost. You might need a few other things that we will talk about in this chapter.
Why Should You Collect Cat Collectibles?
Let the cat out of the bag! True, you will know various cat collectibles in here. No secret will be hidden, and no cat collectibles you wouldn't know.
Collecting Depression Glass - Where to Start
Okay, so you've been bitten by the Depression Glass bug, and those pretty patterns and pastel colors beckon you from the shelves of an antique dealer's shop, a friend's home, or maybe you've even discovered this special glassware on the Internet. How ever it's come about that you've developed a yen for Depression Glass, you need to know where and how to start collecting it - unless you're made of money, have oodles of time on your hands, and don't care whether you get the real thing or not.
Ribbons and Lace, Embroidery Cotton, and Hemp to Spice Up Your Scrapbooks
Ribbon and lace are by far the most common, and most beautiful, border embellishment. The flowing nature of both materials encourages a touch of softness and elegance.
Gourd Enthusiasm Growing Around the World
Gourds played an essential role in the daily life of early cultures. Commonly used as containers and vessels, they were also used for musical instruments.
Woodworking Tools: Right Selection And Care Will Save You Money, Part 4
Woodworking: Tools Of The Trade, Part 4 - Tools For ShapingA civilization's maturity and intelligence is judged, in part, by the diversity and sophistication of its tools. When it comes to woodworking, the human race is quite advanced.
Decorative Metal Work Techniques From The Early 1900s
Today's Metal Craft workers should truly appreciate the artistic skills & techniques used exclusively by the highly skilled metal artisans from almost one hundred years ago.Decorative metalworking is undergoing a new renaissance as more & more people become involved in hobby metal craft.
Rubber Stamps and Scrapbooking - Keep Kids Busy with Crafts This Summer
They're out of school and back to torment the neighborhood this summer. You remember the days.
|home | site map © 2013|